Day 1: Seminar Room, Postgraduate Centre, Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Aylesbury HP21 8AL
Day 2: Children’s Outpatient Clinic, Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Aylesbury HP21 8AL
Target audience and Course Objectives
This is a Basic Plus course that will benefit paediatric, neonatal, PICU and Emergency Paediatrics trainees and consultants, and Advanced Nurse Practitioners and cardiac sonographers who have recently commenced or intend to commence performing echocardiograms on neonates and children. The first day aims to deliver the essential theoretical knowledge and the second day will focus on acquiring practical skills.
- Participants will familiarise with the relevant cardiac morphology
- Participants will learn the different echo windows and views
- Participants will achieve an understanding of the physics around good echo imaging
- Participants will understand the echo imaging of different heart defects
- Participants will perform supervised echocardiograms on babies and children (including functional assessment), record appropriate image loops and seek help when required
- Participants will be able to recognise a range of abnormal echocardiograms
More details see here
BAPM Perinatal Trainees’ Meeting – What’s New in Neonatology
Date: Wednesday, 27th March 2019
Location: Friends’ Meeting House, 6 Mount Street, Manchester, M2 5NS
Summary: This meeting is aimed at Paediatric trainees with an interest in Neonatology as well as Neonatal Grid trainees at all stages.
The meeting covers a range of topics including (full programme attached):
- What’s New in Neonatology
- Management of PDA
- Echocardiography clinical cases
- End of life care
- How to get started in research
Lunchtime Career Guidance Surgery
The lunchtime career guidance surgery gives delegates the opportunity to have a chat with one of the speakers to discuss any aspect of their training and/or career. These spaces are limited and as such are offered on a first come, first served basis, thus early booking is recommended.
Trainees’ Networking Dinner
This year, BAPM will also be having a Trainees’ Networking dinner on Tuesday, 26th March, the evening before the meeting. The venues welcoming atmosphere allows for further networking opportunities with your peers and colleagues.
For further information, visit: https://www.bapm.org/events/bapm-neonatal-trainee-meeting
2-day internationally recognized course of lectures, skill stations and tutorials focused on a practical approach to the management of the first 24h of critical illness in childhood.
– Paediatric trainees about to or recently started in PICU
– Paediatric & adult emergency trainees
– Adult ICU-anaesthesia trainees/specialists
– Experienced PICU and A&E nurses