Click here for PICS Membership application form.
Any person actively involved in paediatric intensive care or involved in work contributing to the paediatric intensive care field may be accepted as a member.
PICS membership offers several attractive benefits such as:
- Opportunity to get involved and contribute to a wide variety of PICS subgroups
- Opportunity to get involved in research through the PICS Study Group
- Opportunity to attend PICS study days/meetings
- Access to Travel and Research grants
- Access to the Trainees’ section and relevant learning resources
- Reduced registration for the Annual PICS Conference and other Study Days
- Regular e-mail and newsletter updates on hot topics
- Life insurance cover for transport/retrieval activities (up to £1 million)
There are several levels of PICS membership based on professional position (medic, trainee, nurse, AHP).
Members shall pay an annual subscription set by the Council. Members may select a subscription to one of the journals to which the Society is affiliated. Payment of subscription is by Direct Debit for members with a UK bank or building society account and is collected in April every year.
Details of current subscription rates are:
|No Journal (£100)
NICC Journal (£135)
PCCM Journal (£225)
|No Journal (£70)
NICC Journal (£105)
PCCM Journal (£195)
|No Journal (£45)
NICC Journal (£80)
PCCM Journal (£170)
PCCM & NICC (£205)
|No Journal (£40)
NICC Journal (£75)
PCCM Journal (£165)
Members may participate in the business and scientific sessions of the meetings and have voting rights.
How to apply
You can express your intention to become a PICS member by completing our ONLINE FORM. The PICS administrator will forward the application to the Honorary Secretary, who will vet membership applications prior to confirming your membership. Membership becomes effective on first payment of subscription.